Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
AEA Search
Featured Members
BALA PRASAD PEDDIGARIHyderabad Chapter Volunteer of the month!

JEA Articles Hit a Homerun!
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2/9/2014 at 8:09:15 PM GMT
JEA Articles Hit a Homerun!

This overall issue was very informative.  The first article "Architecture Expeditions: A Difference that Make a Difference" by Leo Laverdure and Alex Conn, PhD. and "A Blueprint for Professionalization of Enterprise Architecture" by Jason Uppal, hit home.  Our internal IT organization posted a CMM value of 1.2, barely above chaotic, when recently reviewed by an external entity.  Engaging our and any culture, even when healing techniques are trying to be applied, are always met with resistance.  I have always stipulated that architecture concepts be applied incrementally and very pragmatically and presented a formal model and process to generate a basis for undertaking change within an organization.  Every little bit helps, when you are at the bottom.

The article "The PRISM Architecture Framework - Was it the Very First Enterprise Architecture Framework?" by Roberto Rivera allowed me to reflect on the brief history of Enterprise Architecture and its utilities.  Basically we haven't come very far, but still have along way to go, but reflecting on this history is important since EA stems from PRISM's past achievements and understanding those are insightful.

I referenced the article "The Dutch State of the Practice of Architecture Principles" by Danny Greefhorst, Henderik Proper, Georgios Plataniotis and used the data and quoted statements about principles in the creation of our organization's Enterprise Architecture Portfolio Plan to emphasize the need for formality.  I am planning to purchase the book they authored and incorporate its finding in my continuing efforts.

The article "Beyond Alignment: Applying Systems Thinking in Architecting Enterprise" by Richard Veryard was very helpful since I am not required to read a large book, when I have limited time, but I caught the gist and overall intent of this periodical.

Thank you for your efforts and information,

Scott J. Steffan, Enterprise Architect/TOGAF, EACOE

"Alone in the darkness comes the voice of reason and understanding"

Sign In
Login with LinkedIn
OR

Latest News
AEA Events

7/9/2020
WEBINAR: EA as a Digital Transformation Facilitator Part 2

9/24/2020 » 9/25/2020
INTERSECTION20 Joining Forces | Stockholm, Sweden

10/5/2020 » 10/6/2020
IRM UK | Data Modelling Essentials

10/7/2020 » 10/9/2020
IRM UK | Information Management Fundamentals

Join our AEA LinkedIn Group!

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.