Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
AEA Search
Featured Members
BALA PRASAD PEDDIGARIHyderabad Chapter Volunteer of the month!

Core Knowledge for EA -- Eskil Swende
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/12/2013 at 11:18:11 PM GMT
Core Knowledge for EA -- Eskil Swende
Discuss Eskil Swende's article "Core Knowledge for Enterprise Architecture".

8/23/2013 at 2:55:19 PM GMT
The article states that "One activity belongs to only one business process." I feel that this is not correct - an example - Amazon will have an activity of placing an item on a shelf in a warehouse - wouldn't this be used by both the "new stock" business process, and the "returned item" business process?

9/25/2013 at 10:45:01 AM GMT
defintion of activty adn routine
M. Paddock said:
The article states that "One activity belongs to only one business process." I feel that this is not correct - an example - Amazon will have an activity of placing an item on a shelf in a warehouse - wouldn't this be used by both the "new stock" business process, and the "returned item" business process?

Yes, you are quite right! But in our terminology we say that we have two activities that just now are identical. Our defintion of this is that it is the same "routine" used for one or many actvities.

The reason behind this is that you keep the freedom to change an activity in a process without affecting other processes.

I hope you find the rest of the article useful!

Best regards.

Eskil

Sign In
Login with LinkedIn
OR

Latest News
AEA Events

7/9/2020
WEBINAR: EA as a Digital Transformation Facilitator Part 2

9/24/2020 » 9/25/2020
INTERSECTION20 Joining Forces | Stockholm, Sweden

10/5/2020 » 10/6/2020
IRM UK | Data Modelling Essentials

10/7/2020 » 10/9/2020
IRM UK | Information Management Fundamentals

Join our AEA LinkedIn Group!

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.