Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
AEA Search
AEA Webinar with Myles Suer and Chris Larsen | The Transformative Enterprise Architect
Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend
 

This presentation will discuss how to build an operational backbone and a center of excellence around data movement from cloud to on-premises, the management of data quality, and data ownership. It will cover as well what issues should enterprise architects consider? Where do they need to start in the systematizing of data quality and data architecture? How do they play a role in establishing and facilitating data stewardship?

 Export to Your Calendar 11/25/2019
When: Monday, November 25th 2019
from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Where: LIVE! AEA Webinar
Presenter: Myles Suer and Chris Larsen of Dell Boomi
Contact:

« Go to Upcoming Event List  

 

The Transformative Enterprise Architect
with Myles Suer and Chris Larsen


Date:      Monday, November 25th 2019
Time:      11:00 am EST/ 8:00 am PST/ 16:00 BST/ 20:30 IST

Webinar Registration:     CLICK HERE




According to MIT-CISR, only 28% of businesses have successfully digitized their business. The remaining 72% are locked in silos or significantly limited by dated, brittle architecture consisting, in the words of CIOs, of duct tape and layered band aids. According to Jeanne Ross’ coming new book, “digital companies build, buy, configure business, data, and technology components to generate and enhance digital offerings”. To succeed, they need to build “an operational backbone (a coherent set of enterprise systems, data, processes that ensure operational efficiency and quality transactions and master data)”.

This presentation will discuss how to build an operational backbone and a center of excellence around data movement from cloud to on-premises, the management of data quality, and data ownership. It will cover as well what issues should enterprise architects consider? Where do they need to start in the systematizing of data quality and data architecture? How do they play a role in establishing and facilitating data stewardship? As part of this, enterprise architects focused on data need to answer questions like what data is doing, where is it going, who is accessing it, and is it in shape for emerging data scientist audiences? This involves building an operational backbone that integrate business-critical applications and services, across larger ecosystems, and making the most of technologies such as mobile computing, IoT, machine learning, AI, and the cloud to create a seamless data architecture rather than disparate IT systems and workflows.

Myles Suer Bio:

 

Mr. Suer, according to LeadTails, is the 9th leading influencer of CIOs. He is the facilitator for the CIOChat. The chat has executive level participants from around the world in a mix of industries including banking, insurance, education, and government. Mr. Suer, also, has a weekly column at CIO.com (The Adaptive CIO) and has had his articles published in ComputerWorld, Innovation Enterprise, and COBIT Focus. For COBIT, he published “Using COBIT 5 to Deliver Information and Data Governance”.

Much of Mr. Suer’s experience is as an integration and data practitioner. At Boomi, Mr. Suer the head of Global Enterprise Marketing. He is responsible for aligning Boomi’s offerings with the needs of enterprise customers. Prior to Boomi, Mr. Suer was responsible for product marketing of Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform. At HP and Peregrine, Mr. Suer led a product management team applying analytics and big data to the company’s IT management products. This includes creating the company’s CIO Scorecard Product. Prior to this, Mr. Suer has had leadership roles in start-ups and large companies. This includes being a software industry analyst. Mr. Suer holds a Master of Science degree from UC Irvine and a 2nd Masters in Business Administration in Strategic Planning from the University of Southern California.

 

 

Sign In
Login with LinkedIn
OR


Latest News
AEA Events

11/11/2019 » 11/15/2019
Building Business Capability 2019 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

11/13/2019 » 11/15/2019
IRM UK | Mastering the Requirements Process: Getting Requirements Right

11/18/2019 » 11/22/2019
IRM UK | Business Intelligence & Analytics Conference Europe

11/20/2019 » 11/22/2019
IRM UK | Ten Steps to Data Quality

11/21/2019 » 11/22/2019
IRM UK | Data Governance: A Practical Guide

 

Join our AEA LinkedIn Group!

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.